Saturday, December 22, 2012

The future of Blahblahginger

You'll notice this blog has been eerily quiet over the last months. There is a reason for that.  I have indeed been very busy, and time to blog has been limited, but that doesn't mean I haven't written anything. I have started and abandoned six different posts.  All of them were concerned with national conversations. The election and its aftermath, the bizarre fight over tax policy, the astonishing mendacity of the Romney campaign and the right wing echo chamber, and most recently, gun control in the wake of the catastrophic horror in Connecticut.

As I said, I abandoned all those posts. The reason is both simple and complex. It seems to be increasingly impossible to have rational, adult conversations on a national scale about serious issues any longer. When the response to the massacre of 26 innocent souls (20 of them small children) is to suggest arming every school in the country, we've left the sphere of the rational. When an election is called for the President, and the chief political consultant of the propaganda network refuses, on live air, to believe what he's been told, that's simple denial. However, when people then decide to lodge petitions of secession, we've gone off the deep end.

I can't perpetuate the divisiveness or take part in the lunacy any longer. I'm going to stop editorializing on things I can't control. Instead, from here on in, blahblahginger will be purely personal. I'll limit myself to what's going on in my own world. 2012 was a busy, adventure-filled, and memorably *fun* year. I'll talk about that in the next post.

But no more politics, no more rants on the utter stupidity that's become epidemic in the public domain, and no more yelling into the hurricane. The sentiment that's been running through my head recently is going to be the guide for the future of this blog:

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.

7 comments:

Lissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lissa said...

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."

...and me.

Liz Palika said...

Good for you!

GwpLady said...

love to read david....blessings to you and your little family

Marc said...

David, whatever you choose to write about will be worth reading. I have enjoyed all of your posts and look forward to what 2013 will bring. Please promise me that you will still share your political observations and barbs with me even if in private. Thanks for the thought provoking reads in 2012

Patricia Salzillo said...

<3

Anonymous said...

That's a shame David as I've always found your posts on key issues very informative and, as George Bush would say, educationalitive.

Your posts will be a big miss in Blightyland. I look forward to the purely personal ones though as they are joyous in one way or another. David A.